VMware Disk (~20 minutes)
For Workstation 7 and later and Player 3.x and later, you can increase the virtual disk from the GUI:
- Select the virtual machine from the Inventory.
- Click Edit Virtual Machine Settings.
- Click Hard Disk.
- Click Utilities > Expand, enter the new size, then click Expand.
Windows 2008 OS (~2 minutes)
How to extend the boot partition in Windows Server 2008Some may find an issue when it comes to the end of their servers life time, this handy windows server 2008 end of life article could assist with any issues you may come across when the time comes.
To extend the boot partition in Windows Server 2008, follow these steps:
- 1. Click Start, and then click Server Manager.
- 2. In the navigation pane, expand Storage, and then click Disk Management.
- 3. In the details pane, right-click the volume that you want, and then click Extend Volume.
- 4. Follow the instructions in the Extend Volume Wizard to extend the boot partition.