Deliveron Consulting Services, a Microsoft Partner providing custom solutions and ALM consulting and training announces the general availability of TFS Agile Poker for Windows 8. TFS Agile Poker is a free agile planning poker application designed for distributed teams that use Team Foundation Server and Team Foundation Service. Distributed agile teams can quickly point/estimate all of the backlog items in the Team Project and allow each person to provide their estimate before knowing what everyone else has estimated. If you are a co-located or distributed development team and you are not using TFS, sign up for a free account to begin using the online agile planning tools, task/bug/test case management tools, and continuous integration tools.
Key Features include:
- No accounts required for creating or joining sessions (other than TFS access).
- Multiple users join session to provide individual points
- Supports multiple TFS Connections using TFS 2010, TFS 2012, and Team Foundation Service.
- Backlog Queries are pulled from a selected TFS Team Project
- Final backlog item points are published directly back to TFS.
- User Story, PBI, and Task Work Items can be used so it works with both the Scrum and Agile process templates.
- Open Work Items directly from the pointing session to additional details or capture acceptance criteria.
The Getting Started page provides the steps to get started using TFS Agile Poker for both TF Service and On-Premises TFS. The application automatically creates a sample connection that you can use to try it out immediately.
The pointing page contains the ability to invite additional users to the session, viewing everyone’s points, pointing, and the ability to submit the consensus points to TFS.
See TFS Agile Poker coverage on MSDN and Channel 9.
This Week on Channel 9 pick of the week (14:14 into the video)